Monday, June 15, 2009

Nairobi - June 16, 2009

Jambo!
Today it was go, go, go! We met Lindsay at Diamond Plaza to look for more Kurtis. In case you don't know what a Kurtis is: They are long tops made out of different materials that a lot of Indian women wear. We like the cotton ones with little or no bling. I got 2. We then had lunch at the local Indian restaurant. It was my first tasting of real traditional Indian dishes. I liked it but some was little spicy. We then headed to a jewelry store that Evangeline insisted I needed to see. The owner, Gemini, was there and I showed her one of the Kurtis I had bought and she immediately sat us down with some coffee and quickly pulled out 2 necklaces and some earrings that looked perfect with the Kurtis. They were very inexpensive so of course I had to buy them. Hint to Joe: I now have a very pretty ensemble that would be very nice to wear on a romantic, post anniversary dinner. She also had some beautiful jewelry made out antique African beads and gave us a little history on the different types of beads. Very lovely and interesting lady!
We headed to Village Plaza to the Nakumatt to pick up a few groceries and then headed home.
Evangeline and I made vegan tomato sauce and we had a delicious spaghetti dinner with Xan and Hallie. Evangeline and then polished off the bottle of wine and started reminiscing which led to a few tears. Hubert finally made it home and we fixed him a plate and visited for a while then off to bed. Tomorrow we are going to Hawker's Market. It's supposed to be a huge vegetable market. Hubert told me to where old shoes and clothes. Can't wait to see this!
Love,
Adina

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlfriend,how can I live vicariously if you don't post more pictures? Love the story. Is this the making of your retirement book? Lots of love - miss you!! Judy Kisses to all.

    ReplyDelete